The origin of credit cards can be traced back to 1920s. A credit card today not only offers you with shopping
convenience but also provides with privileges and benefits like reward points, discount coupons, cash-back offers plus more.
What to look for before applying?
Let’s take a look at its basics
a. When you’re deciding on a credit card, you must go for one that suits your financial requirements. Opt for cards which offer features and benefits as per your requirements.
b. Compare aspects such as credit limit, annual fees, grace period and benefits offered.
Once you have
short-listed the credit card, you need to apply for it online. You have a chance to compare the various credit cards available in the market and choose one that best suits your requirements.
Basic requirements to avail credit cards
Numerous financial institutions offer credit cards on some common basic eligibility criteria, viz. –
- Possess good credit history: The applicant must possess at least a credit score of 700 or more. Most unsecured credit cards require you to have a minimum of 6-7 years of credit history. But if you have a poor or no credit history; you’ll need to avail secured credit cards. These cards require you to make a fixed deposit against which the card is issued.
- You must be between 25 to 65 years of age: According to the CARD Act of 2009, no financial institutions or NBFCs can issue credit cards to individuals without a stable income to repay their obligations.
- Having a steady income source: While applying for credit cards, you’ll need to handle your income details. The financial institutes won’t lend money if they decide you’re incapable of repaying debt.
However, you can consider availing Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard against minimal documentation and flexible eligibility criteria. It comes with industry-first features such as interest-free
ATM withdrawals of up to 50 days and also avail a personal loan with your credit card. Furthermore, you also earn welcome reward points and exclusive Bajaj Finserv privileges like discounts, fuel surcharge waiver, cash-back offers and many more.
Bajaj Finserv also brings you pre-approved offers
on credit cards, unsecured credits like personal loans, business loans and secured advances such as home loans among other numerous financial products. These pre-approved offers simplify the process of availing finances and save time as well. You can check your pre-approved offer by providing a few necessary details.
You’re required to produce these following documents while applying for credit cards online
● Identity proof like PAN card, Aadhaar card, or Voter card.
● Address proof.
● Passport sized photograph.
Additional documents required include income proof and statements for the past year.
How to apply for a credit card online?
● Fill up the online application form by providing details like your name, contact number and Email ID.
● Submit the KYC documents such as PAN card, address proof and a digital passport sized photograph.
● If you possess a good credit score, you’ll be issued an unsecured credit card with a higher credit limit. If not, you’ll have to settle for a secured card instead.
Once you’ve filled out your card application, submit it and wait for the approval of your card issuer.
If you fulfil all criteria satisfactorily, the financial institution will issue and deliver the card to your within a few business days. You may have to wait one or two days more to gain the PIN. Upon receiving it, most issuers also mandate that you make at least one purchase or transaction within the first month. Use your card responsibly to enjoy its benefits and improve credit score over
time for better benefits and features in the future.